Christine's Rantings

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Call Me Josee

I went skating tonight. The company that Cat works for set up the ice rink at the Natural History Museum. It open tomorrow so Cat invited her friend Karen and I to go tonight for a test skate. It was a little bit warm so one end of the ice was more like a swimming pool than a skating rink. Of course, it was right there that I decided to take a spill and fall on my ass. I went to the bathroom and tried to dry myself off with the hand drier - no luck. Then I tried toilet paper - no luck. So I went back outside, leaned against the boards and had a great big sulk. After 5 or so minutes, I went back on for a few more laps.

I could blame my fall on any of the following;
- the crappy, dull, too small skates
- the 6 feet of water on top of the ice
- the tons of leaves on the ice
- the fact that I have not been on skates in 2 years
- the lumpy ice
- all the other bad skaters getting in my way
- the fact that it is actually not cold enough outside to skate
- the large glass of wine I had before getting on the ice

But really, I am just clumsy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home