Christine's Rantings

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Ssssssssshh, Don't Tell Anyone

I think I may have accidentally stumbled on the key to a pleasant trip to Ikea! As weird as it seems, I may have actually done it and it does not involve plutonium or DeLoreans or the space time continum. Laura and I went last night and had no trouble at all. It was actually fun. What is the secret you ask? Why are you not ranting about crowds or children (well at one point Laura did actually mention her 'children should be outlawed' theory) or people stopping dead in the middle of the overly crowded single path to look at plastic clippy things with names like 'gafterkuken' or 'fdren'? I can't believe it is this easy but it is - we went at night. In a very non UK move, Ikea is open until Midnight. As no one in the UK believes that there is a store that is open after 5:00pm, we shopped til we dropped with little hassle. Well, except for the usual the shelf unit I wanted comes in two parts and they only had one so I have to go back on Friday with Sally. Let's see how I feel then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home