Christine's Rantings

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Do You Think It's Because I Was So Smug?

I made it through Friday the 13th unscathed, not that I am superstitious or anything. It was actually a pretty cool day. Had a nice lunch with a co-worker from South Africa, took in the Rodin exhibition at the Royal Academy, drinks after work with Sal and then dinner with Cat. I was very impressed. Saturday the 14th and Sunday the 15th - not so much. Got up at 7:15am on Saturday (me, awake before noon on a Saturday), went to Birmingham with Derryth, enjoyed her nephew's birthday party and Derryth managed to get us there and back with no problems. Came home, chilled for a bit and headed out to my a colleague's 50th. Got to the station and watched my train pull out. No problem, had a good book to help pass the 15 minute wait for the next train. Got to Clapham Junction, changed platforms next train came within 10 minutes. Cool. Arrive at Surbiton to change to the last train and find out there is no train. Instead there is a replacement bus service filled with very loud teenagers at the back (I am sooooooooo old). Finally make it to Walton on Thames, call a cab and arrive at the party almost 2 hours after I left my place. Party goes better than expected, meet some nice people, eat some cake. My boss and his wife very nicely offer to drive me home. The 2 hour journey there takes less than 20 minutes in reverse! I say my good byes and head up to the front door of the apartment building. Searching in my bag for my keys. Searching, searching, searching as a very clear memory of putting the keys down beside (not in) my purse comes to mind. Followed by an equally clear memory of picking up the purse and not the keys as I left. Luckily, Cat was home and let me stay at her place. Lesson learned? - copy your keys and give a set to someone who lives nearby so you don't have to pay approximately £20 per minute to a locksmith to open your door.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home