Christine's Rantings

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

It Really Is A Small World

If you don’t believe it, I had yet another example the day before yesterday. But before I explain, in case you are a disbeliever, let me recap;

 I am sure I have told you all the story of running into a guy that went the same high school as me in the Post Office in Richmond (a friend had actually written to me about him a couple of weeks earlier)
 At Derryth’s wedding in South Africa we met a friend of her Mom’s who used to live with a lady from PEI in Toronto. Angela found her once she got home.
 On Canada Day at the Maple Leaf in Covent Garden, I met a guy who went to school with a friend’s brother in Tyne Valley and a girl who went to school with my cousin Martha.
 While I was having a drink in an Irish bar in Copenhagen, I was stunned to hear a guy playing a Stan Rogers song. Turns out he was Irish and lived in Florida where he met some Newfie nurses who introduced him to Stan’s music.
 So, to the latest, I was on a conference call with a guy from DD in the US and he asked me where I am from. I said PEI and he told me his wife’s family was from PEI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home