Christine's Rantings

Thursday, October 26, 2006

I Am So Right. No One Is As Right As Me.

The support for my point of view continues as letter flood into Metro headquarters. My sense of omniscience is growing with each new mailbag. Two more letter published today in support of ME. I don't have them scanned but am going to be sad enough to reproduce them here;

DICTION-SCARY: I agree with Barbar Rieder on people saying 'I was sat' instead of 'I was sitting' (Metro, Wed). This deterioration of the language has its roots in soap operas. It's a sad state of affairs when foreigners speak better English than we do. D Highstalker, London W12

DICTION-LAIRY: How does Barbara like 'We was stood in the rain'? One better than 'I was stood in the rain', surely? Andrew Carlisle, London NW6

Now, how do I remove 'et' from the English language?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home