Christine's Rantings

Thursday, June 30, 2005

They Say

silence is golden. In my case it is just down right lazy. However, once it ends look out...

I was a bit worried upon arriving (in PEI Lana) as the temperature was 8C and it was raining. I thought of the 23C sunny dry day I had left and almost cried. PEI has pulled it out of the bag, though. It has been glorious for the last week. We even had a 40C (when you count the humidex) day. Enough about the weather - I am my Mother's daughter!

I am off to the beach tomorrow - think of me while you Londoners are partying at the Maple Leaf (hopefully). Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to find a Nunavit-er. I am going to enjoy some great concerts all weekend - Lifehouse, Stain'd, 3 Doors Down, Finger Eleven, The Trews and lots more.

Jillian and Peter went for their first ultrasound yesterday. The poor technician had a heck of a time keeping up with the baby. It was moving all over the place - she was literally chasing it with the wand. Jillian told me it weighs 9oz which is just over half a pound now. I am not happy referring to the baby as it and I do not know the sex, so from here forward, I will refer to it as Squishy.

Rant 14

This is not an original one. Tom Cruise. Augh - what is he smoking? Have the alien overlords come and stolen his brain? Have all those years of Scientology finally turned his brain to pea soup? I actually think I hate him. I have to leave the room when he comes on TV. I know it is extreme but he really bothers me now. The girls at gofugyourself.com have some great comments on both Tom and Kate Holmes or as they like to call her - the Annointed Womb. I suppose now that the Michael Jackson trial is over, the media needs something to focus on and who better than a short, freaky, psuedo-straight cult member to replace a tallish, freaky, psuedo-white, 'non' paedophile?

Speaking of leaving the room, Mom is hooked on Coronation Street and Emmerdale Farm. These shows make me run screaming from the room. One perk of coming to Canada should be getting away from the Northern accent!!

I am loving The Daily Show. Jon Stewart rocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home