Christine's Rantings

Monday, November 01, 2004

Bits and Bobs

Madde made it back to Copenhagen in one piece. I am going to visit her for a week on 24 November. I have never been to Copenhagen before (well, except the airport and the train line on the way to Sweden but that doesn't count) so I am looking forward to it.

We went to see Finding Neverland while Madde was here. It was really good - I highly recommend it. If you are not considering seeing it or wavering, let me tell you Johnny Depp all clean cut with a Scottish accent is not to be missed.

The Halloween party on Saturday was fantastic. I am waiting to get the pictures back before giving a proper update but there were some great costumes including Dom as a pre-staked vampire, a proper Ghostbuster, tons of witches, Jason, Freddy, death, devils etc. Much drink was consumed, much dancing took place and everyone went home with a smile.

Lana has sent me the link to her blog - check her out at www.fernethoughts.blogspot.com. Very cool that everyone is blogging. Troy gave Lana my blog address. Glad he did but am wondering when he plans to update his site. Hunter's Hotspot is suffering from hypothermia.

Only 11 more days until I am unemployed! I have bowed to pressure and am having a leaving party. I kind of wanted to make a quiet exit but am being told that is not an option. Therefore, no one is allowed to contact me on Friday 19 November as I will be recovering from my party.

It may be Catrin's leaving do as well, she has found a new job. I like to think I inspired her but I think the credit can be taken by the crappy atmosphere and mind numbing process driven beast that is hp. She is moving to a property company owned by twin millionaires! Sounds great! Congrats to her.

I just watched Little Britain, I am not sure if it is being shown in Canada but it is fantastically funny. It is a comedy sketch show about the quirkiness of Brits. I think I may have lived here too long and am developing a British sense of humour. God help me.

Speaking of God, if he has any mercy at all Bush will lose tomorrow (sorry Dave). I can't face another four years of George W but then Dead Ringers (UK Air Farce but much funnier) do do him well. Have you heard that Britney Spears is backing Bush? I am sure he is hoping that she help him win the white trash vote. He may get everyone who aspires to have a track suit wearing, pole dancing, hamburger and fried chicken eating wedding voting for him (Peter and Jillian how could you have missed these out at your wedding?).

2 Comments:

  • Hi Christine,

    Yes you did inspire me to leave - of course all the other comments you stated also contributed. Heres to us having a happy and fulfilled working life outside of Compaq/HP - and this time I am NEVER coming back.

    Catrinxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 p.m.  

  • I wanted all of those thing sat our wedding!!! But for some unknown reason they were not allowed :-( What I really did want was a bucket of beer at every table, but that idea was nixed as well... I did get to choose the food, though, bbq, and it was great, remember! I can contribute, I really can!!

    By Blogger Pete, at 7:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home