Christine's Rantings

Monday, October 25, 2004

Not Verdi Impressive

Had a very nice and relaxing weekend on the Isle of Wight. On Saturday night, we went to see the Mid Wales Opera Company's production of Rigoletto by Verdi. I don't know if it was me (I am a bit of a Philistine), the Opera (quite grim subject matter), the set (metal cages and creepy men in clown masks) or the performers (the Duke had amazingly ill fitting trousers) but I found it rather mediocre. For the people in the UK, you would recognise one of the songs from the Yellow Pages ad with James Nesbitt 'Life is great and life is good because I've got a girl and you've got none'. Oh well, it was a different way to spend a Saturday and Sal's Dad bought us a glass of wine.

We also went for a really nice walk along the cliffs with the dog and accidentally came across a surfing competition. Mmmmmmm surfers. I helped pick apples, ate pumpkin pie - all in all very laid back weekend.

On another note, it looks like my last day at work will be 12 November. I got some paperwork today and am now on 10 days notice to receive an official letter of redundancy after which I will have 5 days notice to leave. Scary.

As well, my passport arrived on Saturday so I officially exist again - hurrah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home