Christine's Rantings

Monday, February 12, 2007

Ass to Elbow

It was quite chilly in Copenhagen this weekend – there was a nasty wind. While Madde and I were at dinner on Friday night, a guy walked into the restaurant tucked up in his parka and started talking to his friends about how cold it was outside. I, of course, understood none if it as my Danish is limited to ‘thank you’ and ‘I’m sorry’ but Madde started to laugh. She then told me that the Danes love to swear and that what this guy said translated to – 'It is ass cold outside, man'. Well, I say a new temperature descriptor has been born.

So, please let me know on a scale of ass to elbow, how cold it is where you are.

2 Comments:

  • A bit ass better from the - 30 wind chills of last week> -6 with a -13 windchill.....

    LW PEI

    By Blogger Fernegulley, at 4:32 p.m.  

  • We are freezing our asses of in NB...

    By Blogger Pete, at 12:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home