Christine's Rantings

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Christine-sicle

I know that, unless you are a weather channel addict like Angela, rants on the weather are boring and really pretty pointless because it is not like we can change it. Anyway, I think I might have a little problem - I can now officially be considered an embarrassment to Canada. This morning it was -2C, -4C to -6C with the wind chill. While most Canadians would put on shorts and spend the day sunning themselves in these temperatures, I bundled myself up in a hat, scarf, gloves and Far West jacket before braving the elements. I have been in the office for 3 hours now and am still cold. I am worried I will be asked to give back my passport.

I am trying to think of ways that I can build up my tolerance to a decent Canadian level. I know I can do it. I was younger and stronger but I did manage to survive that December night in Halifax where I didn't close the door and woke up with a couple of inches of snow in the apartment (OK so the alcohol probably helped some but it was mostly me). I am going to go to the store to buy some ice packs at lunch and I will start with the cold baths tomorrow. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home