Christine's Rantings

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Raisin Toes

Been so busy trying to unshrivel myself that I forgot to write. It has gone from crazy snow covered cold to I can hear the hammering of the ark makers wet. I am a Maritimer - give me crazy cold over my underwear is sticking to me wet anyday.

Visited with Jane and Eliot on Thursday. That was lots of fun. As a true carnivore I was very pleased to see her eat beef. Don't ya just love it when veggies fall off the wagon? It must be the sadistic streak in me!

Went to see Penny's office on Friday - she has the most fantastic view. It just topped Ed's view of London from the 26th Floor of the Canary Wharf tower. Penny is on the 36th Floor of the RBC Building, from her window you can see North and West Vancouver - including all of Stanley Park and the harbour. It is fantastic. Her co-worker, Janet, let me peek out her window as well and that covers the whole South view to the airport and Richmond etc. We also went over to the other side of the building to look over the East side, Burnaby and even Mount Baker. Very cool.

Did some shopping on Saturday. Why does handing my money over to random, sometimes s rude people in exchange for stuff make me feel so happy? Shouldn't I instead feel a great satisfaction that my money is 'working for me' earning .0000004% per month while contributing to the $6B dollars that Barclay's made last year?

1 Comments:

  • oh yeah... If I go outside and walk down the road a bit I can see the smog from the pulp mill!

    By Blogger Pete, at 6:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home