Christine's Rantings

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Tis The Season

Rant 11 - to scare the piss out of everyone and make them believe that Christmas Dinner is going to kill them while the tree catches on fire and burns all the evidence.

Ugh - I realise that it is important that people understand how to be safe and that you need to fully cook the turkey and make sure the tree is not a fire hazard. However, apparently in the UK, the only way to make these points is through a scare-umentary - Christmas - The Hidden Danger. I gritted my teeth through the ad for 'The Real Beckhams' an exploration of the people behind the public personas. I ignored the commercials for 'Paradise Hotel', 'Britian's Most Embarrassing Parents', 'Date My Sister', 'Fool Around With My Girlfriend' etc but I let out quite a scream when the Christmas one came on.

What is next Frosty the Snowman was an axe murder that day he waved goodbye singing don't you cry you'll be dead in 15 minutes? Or Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer infected all the others animals with Foot and Mouth? Maybe here comes Suzy Snowflake spreading STD's?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home