Christine's Rantings

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Its Back to Rants I Go

I realised today that I am a bit short on rants on my site. As this was the whole point of the site, I thought I had better sort it out.

Rant 9 - Admittedly, I put this up on Dave's Curse of Self Awareness page but it really deserves a rant as well. Why is it that people lose all sense of self awareness when they enter a grocery store? They stop in the middle of aisles, leave their children to climb on the vegetables, try to do u-turns with wonky wheeled trolleys. Admittedly, Sal and I made a mistake in going to Tesco on a Saturday morning but we were desperate. I can assure that I will eat my shoes before doing that again (and I love my shoes!). It was outrageous but the piece de resistance was a man standing at a display at the end of an aisle (so in the middle of one of the aisles that goes horizontally across the whole store) reading the ingredients in cheese or bacon or something. This man had his trolley sticking out at a 45 degree angle from his body basically blocking ¾ of the aisle. I stood back in amazement a) at the fact that he did this b) at the fact that people just quietly queued up to go around him and c) at the fact that he didn't even notice (or care) about the commotion he was causing! Augh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home