Christine's Rantings

Friday, September 10, 2004

GHRD for the AZHDK on your SDLZ

I realise that I have been a bit remiss in updating the site this week. It is amazing the pressure I feel to come up with interesting things to write.

This morning I fought my way through the rain to the office in the City. I was planning on sorting out my new passport photos this afternoon but with the state of me that will probably happen on Monday! Tonight I am going to a comedy club in Battersea (Bah-ter-see-aahh to those in the know) - should be a laugh (ha ha).

Rant 8 - At the moment I am listening to/passively participating in a conference call (read doing other things in order not to be rendered comatose by boredom while 15 people with different accents and varying command of the English language struggle to understand each other). The call started at noon due to the fact that Europe is an hour ahead and just wants to screw up my lunch so I am not a happy bunny. Believe it or not, that is not actually the subject of my rant. The thing I want to rant about is acronyms and how we actually have to learn to speak another language in order to work. I and most of the people I work with can understand the following sentence and spend our days speaking like this;

The EMEA ABSP program allows MASE's and ASE's access to the SPOCK through COL. This access is not available to ASDP or AWDP MASE's or ASE's.

Can I put this on my resume? Will I get credit for it as a foreign language? How does knowing what these mean change my life?

Here is a fun game - make your own guesses at these acronyms - RRR, FiT, CSI, PpSN, ISEE and let me know any stupid ones you use at work.


1 Comments:

  • I will take a guess:
    RRR - Reading Rail Road
    FiT - Flippin' idiot Truckers
    CSI - Crime Scene Investigation
    PpSN - Pete's proposed Sports Network
    ISEE - I See

    How about these:

    VIC, VWIC, WSAD, EEP, ISVs

    And Jillian can throw some serious Telco acronyms at you, I used to know a bunch of those but I think my brain has shut them out permanently...

    By Blogger Pete, at 12:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home