Christine's Rantings

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

How Did Van Gogh Do It?

Laura and I went to see The Trews last night. They really rocked the Barfly in Camden. Admittedly, that is not hard as it is approximately the size of my flat and they had the same number of amps and speakers they would use for playing an arena! On the one hand am kind of sorry I missed the the concert in PEI, on the other still glad I missed the rain. Will definitely have to check out their CD.

Rant 6 - I realise we are not trying to create a masterpiece just painting a few rooms but please remind me never ever to use the words - no problem, we can paint - ever again. Sal and I got energetic this weekend and bought tester paints and undercoat. On Sunday, we decided to paint. After approximately 3 roller strokes my enthusiasm started to fade and after I kicked over a bucket of paint (Thank God for dropcloths) it disappeared completely. After I kicked over the bucket of paint more than Sal's enthusiam disappeared! I think this may take a while.

1 Comments:

  • Yes the Trews kick butt for sure, they opened for Nickelback here and put on a good show, I really like their sound...

    As for the painting bit I can sympathise, we are in the process of painting the trim and some other parts of our house. The priming and painting are not too bad, it's the scraping that sucks. How much do you scrape? Does it have to be down to the bare wood everywhere? I don't know!!! My arm is killing me ;-)

    A little word of advice to those house-huting, get one that has siding!!

    By Blogger Pete, at 3:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home