Christine's Rantings

Monday, August 02, 2004

Getting Old?

I just spent another 'quiet weekend away'. Saturday, I went down to Shaun's to hang out with the family. As I drove down, I was thinking - Does spending another weekend out of London mean I am getting old? Craving peace and quiet - shunning bars and smoke. I felt bad abandoning Josh (Sal was at a wedding) but then he is not old like me and can handle the hustle and bustle of the city.

Once I arrived, Edmund had me colouring like a woman possessed. He also gave me lectures on the Greek Gods and the Thunderbirds movie, showed me EVERY piece of work he did at school last year, told me a story about lemon and eyeball monsters, and had me carry his friend and him around the garden. Meanwhile, Michael ran around and peed on everything - in the pool, on the patio, on the grass - everywhere but in his diapers or the toilet and asked me for 'horsey' rides (thank God the 'horse' did not get peed on).

As I drove back from London with stories of Zeus and Hercules fighting Lemon Eyeball Monsters which had been coloured with Crayola coloured pencils in the strict colour scheme demanded by Lord Edmund mixed with the non stop background noise of 'Michael - nooooooo' and 'Hee hee hee - Kissine you make he laaaugh' ringing in my ears, I thought - Bring on London, I am too old for this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home