Christine's Rantings

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Habla Espanol Senor Penguin?

I realise that in a lot of ways this says more about me than the kids but I just have to get it off my chest. There is a kids game show over here called 50/50 - the kids have to do all sorts of physical stuff and answer some trivia questions (I felt really smart watching it as I knew the answers to all the questions!). One of the questions today was;

In which continent would you find Morocco, Nigeria and Zimbabwe?
a. Antarctica
b. Africa
C. Asia

The girl chose Antarctica. I would have let her off if she chose Asia as it is actually populated. But how can a 12 year old not know that Antarctica only has penguins. My 6 year old cousin knows this. I hope she was having brain fart or it was the pressure of the spotlight because it does not say much for the youth of this nation. But then kid before her thought that the Sherriff of Nottingham was the enemy of Zorro! I suppose Nottingham does sound kind Spanish???

A rant about children - man I am old.

1 Comments:

  • It's like asking an American where Canada is. But, come to think of it, Canada is easy to miss, all tucked away down there...

    By Blogger Pete, at 1:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home