Christine's Rantings

Sunday, April 10, 2005

We Was Robbed

Had a fantastic day today. I went over to Laura’s to watch her friend’s tapes of the World Figure Skating Championships from a few weeks ago. I arrived and while I was downloading Laura’s pictures from Dubai, she fed me Girl Guide cookies. She then served up a brunch of pancakes with maple syrup and Oscar Mayer bacon. Yummy. We then proceeded to watch 8 hours of figure skating while snacking on Lays potato chips. As the skating was taped, we fast forwarded through the commercials, commentary and bad skaters. Then Laura sent me home with my very own box of Girl Guide cookies. It was fantastic – the best way to spend a day.

However, the spoiler was that Canada is not top of the pack anymore. We got a silver in the Men’s – go Jeffrey Buttle – but our best after that was 7th. Disappointing but the pancakes and chips made up for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home