Christine's Rantings

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Where Am I?

I swear my ticket says Dubai. Yep, I just checked it and it does. It looks like Dubai, sounds like Dubai but I am just not sure.

I went 4 wheeling in the sand dunes, rode a camel, saw a belly dancer, got a henna tattoo and spent the day at the beach. I have walked through Souks, seen Mosques and Palaces and read the signs. This makes me think it is Dubai.

But then I have seen 4 Second Cup coffee shops (the staff were even wearing Roots caps), a CinnZeo (I resisted the tempation Steve, hope you are proud), Aldo, Sweet Factory, Radio Shack and a Fairmont Hotel - is it Canada?

2 huge Carrefour supermarkets - is it France?

I saw a Kenny Rogers Roasters, tons of Starbucks (I realise this doesn't really help narrow down a country location), Subway, TGI Friday's, Burger King, McDonalds, Famous Amos, Baskin Robbins, Nine West, Dunkin Donuts, KFC, Villeroy & Boch. I drank Mountain Dew and ate Lays potato chips - is it the USA?

But then there is also every British store you can think of - Next, Top Shop, Mango, Zara, BHS, Debenhams, Kookai, French Connection, The Body Shop, Early Learning Centre, Mothercare, Adams, Brantano and tons more - is it the UK?

There is even a huge South African Woolworths (very different from the UK and Canadian one).

As you may have guessed, Dubai is a very international place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home