Christine's Rantings

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Greetings From Dubai

Made it in one piece. Weather is not as hot as we thought it was going to be but it is still lovely. Friday we walked around town and tok a boat trip down the "Creek" to get a view of the city from the river. There are some fantastic modern buildings here.

Saturday we went to the beach but it was too windy to swim so we just dipped our toes in the Persian Gulf and went to the Wild Wadi waterpark and swam. I had a bit of an incident on one of the slides. The person ahead of me tipped over and they turned the water off leaving me stranded! I didn't know this though and thought I broke it until a little man came to get me. I had to walk the rest of the way through. We took lots of pictures of the Burj Al Arab hotel - that is the one where Agassi and Federer played tennis on the helipad. The we went to the Jumeirah Beach Hotel next door and saw the hotel from a different angle and had a fantastic meal complete with a free bottle of wine.

Today it was a bit overcast so we went to the Gold Souk. Angela would have been in her glories. I have never seen so much jewelry in one place. I gave in and bought yet another necklace! It is not gold but black pearls. It is beautiful.

Tomorrow we are going on a day exursion into the desert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home